Terms and Conditions – Shorts on Nikon
- The short films submitted by participants for the contest would be subject to screening and can be removed if found violating mentioned guidelines or on any other ground as per the sole discretion of Nikon India Private Limited (“Nikon”).
- By submitting the short films in the contest or challenge, the participant / contestant (“you” or “your”) is acknowledging that:
i) You own all proprietary and other rights in the short film
ii) There’s no violation of any copyrights whatsoever in respect of the short film
iii) You have the permission of any and all persons appearing in or otherwise connected with the short film in any manner, or if they are under 16, the consent of their parent or guardian has been validly obtained
iv) The participant is completely accountable for the submitted short film and the description
v) You will be responsible for any claim made by any third party in respect of your short film and shall fully indemnify Nikon and its sponsors in respect of all royalties, fees, penalties and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of your breaching any of the foregoing
vi) Nikon at its sole discretion shall have the right to modify or adapt in part or in whole any of such materials contained in the short film before publication. In this regard you grant to Nikon an exclusive license to use the short film submitted in the contest. Nikon will own all rights to materials, products or other works created by Nikon in connection with this license.
vii) Nikon may at its sole discretion use certain short films for their workshop screenings
- Short films complementing the contest theme and quality of the film would be the criteria for short-listing and for selection of the winners.
- Entries posted on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other similar forum will not be accepted. The entries should be submitted on www.capturewithnikon.in.
- The short film should not contain any watermark, website address, logo, trademark or e-mail ID on it. Tampered and morphed footage will be disqualified.
- Participants can submit multiple entries but short-listing will be solely at the discretion of Nikon.
- Kindly ensure that the short film is available as a RAW file too.
- Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced, objectionable, obscene or corrupt entries will not be considered.
- The announcement of the winners will be made on Nikon India Official Facebook, Instagram & Twitter page.
- A panel of judges from Nikon will select the final winner on the basis of quality & creativity.
- Only one entry per user will be selected & the entries will be scanned on quality basis and can only be shot on a camera of ‘Nikon’ make.
- The short film must be within 5 minutes or 300 seconds.
- The short film file format must be MOV or MP4.
- Any music used for the submitted work must not violate the copyrights or other
rights of any third party.
- Final winners will be selected and announced at the sole discretion of Nikon within 45 days after the closure of the contest.
- Nikon implements all necessary processes to ensure clearness, impartiality and equal opportunity. If you are found using the help of any illegal, unauthorized and unfair ways, software, codes etc., your entry will be disqualified. The decision of Nikon in this regard would be final and binding.
- The entries that will be submitted by the users, Nikon may use the content for any other purpose except for this campaign.
- All prizes/awards/titles are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- The gratification to the winners will be delivered within 30 days after the winner is announced and the contest is closed, provided all the personal details asked for are submitted fully and accurately.
- The winner shall not have any rights to claim, loss or costs from Nikon for delay in delivery of the prize on any grounds whatsoever.
- Nikon reserves the right to modify, cancel, extend or discontinue the contest rules or any part thereof at any time without prior notification.
- Nikon won’t be liable for the warranty and service of the gift/prize items given as gratification.
- Winners may be asked to collect their prize from any nearby premises of Nikon India Pvt. Ltd. or any of its associates. You could be asked for national identity proof documents and Nikon reserves the right to take photo of the winner while felicitating the gratification and use it for its various objectives.
- This activity is not in any manner sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Any information provided by a participant will be used solely by Nikon.
- It is necessary that the entry should be shot from a camera of ‘Nikon’ make and it will be short-listed only when the same is verified.
- This program is subject to force majeure conditions that are beyond the control of Nikon.
- Eligibility criteria for participation in the program is as follows:
1. The Program shall be applicable for individuals who are:
i. Residents of India
ii. Above the age of 18 (Eighteen)
2. The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the Program:
i. Employees of Nikon India Pvt. Ltd. or any of its group entities
ii. Employees & affiliates of the campaign management firm
- 28. No liability: Nikon shall not be liable for any loss, expense or damage which may be incurred/ suffered in connection with your participation.
- 29. Each term stated here is separate from each other. If any of these terms are found void or unenforceable by regulatory authority/law enforcing agency of India, that does not make the other terms void, and the other terms will remain enforceable.
Participation in this contest / program shall be construed as an acceptance of the Terms and Conditions stipulated herein and of any rules and regulations already announced.